More than 300 of the upstream industry’s brightest minds gathered on the evening of Thursday 13th October, 2016 to celebrate the winners of the 2016 World Oil Awards.
The awards ceremony, which is now in its fifteenth year, recognizes and honors the upstream oil and gas industry’s top innovations and innovators.
This year’s winners fought through fierce competition and a record number of entries to claim their awards.
Honorees took home awards in 18 categories—encompassing the full breadth of the upstream industry—from the gala event in Houston.
The winners of the 2016 World Oil Awards are listed below;
- Best Completion Technology Award = Manara production and reservoir management system, (Saudi Aramco and Schlumberger)
- Best Data Management & Application Solution Award = BlackStream along-string measurement (ASM) tool (National Oilwell Varco)
- Best Deepwater Technology Award = BASTILLE HPHT removable production packer (Baker Hughes Incorporated)
- Best Drilling and Completion Fluids Award = HydraGlyde high-performance water-base drilling fluid system (M-I SWACO, a Schlumberger company)
- Best Drilling Technology Award = Quasar Trio Service (Halliburton)
- Best EOR Technology Award = GelBlock temporary annular isolation system (Baker Hughes Incorporated)
- Best Exploration Technology Award = EarthStudy 360 (Paradigm)
- Best Health, Safety, Environment / Sustainable Development – Offshore Award = DeepShield deepwater subsurface safety valve (Baker Hughes Incorporated)
- Best Health, Safety, Environment / Sustainable Development – Onshore Award= xWATER Integrated Water-Flexible Fracturing Fluid Delivery Service (Schlumberger)
Innovative Thinker Award = Dan Purkis, (Well SENSE Technology, Ltd)
Lifetime Achievement Award = Nathan Meehan (Baker Hughes Incorporated)
New Horizons Idea Award = Axon X-treme BOP design (Axon Energy Products)
Best Outreach Program Award = energy4me Program Proposal (SPE International)
Best Production Chemicals Award = FATHOM XT Subsea525 asphaltene Inhibitor (Baker Hughes Incorporated)
Best Production Technology Award = Integrated Sensor Diagnostics service (Halliburton)
- Best Visualization and Collaboration Award = DES DrillingXpert Software (Halliburton)
- Best Well Integrity Technology Award = Integrity eXplorer Cement Evaluation Service (Baker Hughes Incorporated)
Best Well Intervention Technology Award = ProMILL trip-saving milling and under reaming system (Schlumberger)
AWARD BY COMPANIES:
- Baker Hughes = 6 Awards
- Schlumberger = 4 Awards
- Halliburton = 3 Awards
- NOV = 1 Award
- Paradigm = 1 Award
- Well Sense Tech = 1 Award
- Axiom Energy = 1 Award
- SPE Int’l = 1 Award