The Most eagerly awaited video calling for whatsapp has been finally launched and ready to unleash video calls on everybody.
- The company will roll out the new feature to iOS, Android and Windows devices.
- When the feature is activated, open a chat and select the phone icon. You’ll then be given an option to place a voice or video call.
- The video calls can connect people all over the world, regardless of their choice of mobile operating system
- During the call itself, you can switch between the forward-facing and rear camera, mute the call or press the red button to hang up
- FaceTime works only on Apple devices, Google Duo runs on later versions of iOS and Android (Jelly Bean and up, or iOS 9 and up) but Whatsapp is available across the platform
With video calling introduction, WhatsApp is catching up with a number of rivals, including Facebook’s Messenger app, Skype, Apple’s FaceTime, Viber, LINE and Google’s recently launched Duo.
You may not immediately see video calling in WhatsApp today, however, it will arrive over the days ahead as it reaches the entire WhatsApp user base.